Various and many adhesives exist in the market and are used for different industries and even hobbies. Among adhesive sellers, there is a whole family of specialty adhesives for ceramics, cladding and flooring, which you should know, especially if you are in the process of renovation or construction and it is important to know what the contractor is talking about and what he chooses for you. So what kinds of Ceramic glue You will find in the market and what is important you know about them?
Different types of special adhesive for ceramics
Ceramic Adhesives - Adhesives of this type are especially suitable for gluing ceramic tiles, porcelain granite, mosaic and wall cladding, even on concrete and especially for tiles with more than 10% absorbency. It is the most common type of ceramic adhesive and is divided into several types, according to the degree of material elasticity and the strength of its adhesive action:
- The first grade, is marked with a C1 mark and indicates the degree of strength needed to tear the tile off the wall after it is glued. If you also see a T marking on the packaging, this means that various additives must be adhered to allow it to stay fresh for 20 minutes so that you do not have to hurry with the paste, although after 20 minutes it will dry and you need to apply another layer.
- A weaker grade of glue, respectively, came into use with increasing use of cheap tiles, whose connection to the existing glue was not of high quality. The stronger adhesive shrinkage feature, which broke the cheap tiles and continued use of these tiles, introduced another type of adhesive, which is marked with different markings and different properties due to the addition of flexible adhesive to the mixture, which prevents the characteristic shrinkage effect of the stronger adhesive.
All these types of adhesives come in powder form, which must be mixed with water, then smeared and then "scrubbed" using a device that strips onto the material, before gluing the tiles.
Among the company's excellent products Biggie Bond You will find the Biggie 40, BJ 22, Or BJ 63, Suitable for porcelain granite, ceramic, mosaic, porcelain, Marble glue And stone. For indoor and outdoor use for concrete, plaster, blocks, flooring on existing flooring and more.
Acrylic adhesive - Adhesives from this family are made of acrylic acid, which has undergone various chemical processes, through which you can create different compounds of acrylic adhesive, for different uses, with different properties, such as solidification time, viscosity and temperature.
- This adhesive is sold in the form of a liquid, ointment, or adhesive tape and its chemical properties can be adapted for permanent adhesion, or removal with special material.
- Some acrylic adhesives need a 24-hour solidification time, compared to other types, which provide better adhesion, along with the ability to peel and remove the adhesive.
- As the acrylic adhesive dries and solidifies, so does its adhesive strength and the complexity of these specialty adhesives, making it possible to manufacture a wide variety of blends suitable for different uses.
- The ability of acrylic adhesive to withstand temperature, humidity, sun and water conditions makes it the ideal material for outdoor use.
- If the adhesive elements may be removed after some time, the acrylic adhesive designed for removal may be used, which allows the adhesion bond to be disassembled without causing damage to the adhesive materials.
- Some of BJ Bond's acrylic adhesives are for example BJ Durobond 405, Or BJ Adhesive for polystyrene And you can find them in stores, or on the website of BJ Bond.
- Some acrylic adhesives are designed to mix with cement, which dries faster and is suitable for use on non-absorbent substrates, such as gypsum.
What kind of use is any kind of glue for?
A huge variety of adhesives exist because there is a huge variety of adhesive needs with different properties and different levels of power, which give different results to each use and so it is important to know which adhesive is suitable for which use and purchase the best adhesive for the use you need.
If you need adhesive for wall cladding, or for using especially large tiles, you will need the stronger ceramic adhesive.
In contrast, for example, the less strong cementitious adhesive can be used.
- The price differences between the types of glue are small and it is desirable to choose the glue according to its suitability for use rather than price.
- It is advisable to ask the contractor about the type of glue it is applying to your work and to see if it is the right glue to use.
- You will need about 5 kilos of glue on every square meter, which costs a few dozen shekels.
In summary - a huge variety of adhesive types
In this article you have read about a small number of adhesives available in the field. You will find countless different types of Adhesives For different uses, made of different compounds and with different properties, different strengths and prices. If you are familiar with the subject, it will be easier for you to monitor the work you do at home or in the business and make sure they are done properly and even do some of it yourself.